At Craft of Communication we use creative approaches to both designing and delivering our work.
We promote this approach with our clients by encouraging ‘thinking outside the box’ methods.
Outside the box thinking techniques encourage
- The recognition of behavioural patterns and restrictions
- Enables individuals and groups to transcend these habits
- Explore something outside of the usual framework,
- Trying something new, something different
- Viewing the world from a different perspective
Fencing: a Conversation with Swords
Fencing can be a great way of learning how you communicate and function as a human being.
- Fencing is not about aggression, but conversation.
- Fencing is a dialogue with swords, a metaphor for verbal communication.
- A fencing bout can reveal the participants’ habitual patterns of behaviour, particularly when approaching and interacting with others.
After a fencing bout, we apply what they have learned in this Dialogue without Words to the way they interact with other, looking at their habits, tactics, language, drivers and use of body language.
The mental and physical discipline of fencing helps participants to;
- Build awareness
- Identify their goals
- Create strategies
- Overcome obstacles to success
Everyone gains immense insight about themselves and others in this also enjoyable, exciting workshop.