- Run meetings with confidence?
- Make impactful contributions to those meetings you attend?
- Respond with calm and confidence when questioned in meetings?
- Manage difficult meeting-situations and/or problematic people ?
- Manage conflict?
- Promote genuine dialogue in your meetings?
This course can equip you with all the skills you need to achieve these goals.
The Craft Of Meeting Management
Our goal is to help participants to enhance their ability to communicate with authority, authenticity and empathy in the whole range of situations they meet in their everyday working lives.
All our work is rooted in theatre. Our coaches are trained and experienced in theatre, TV and performance skills. This enables us to create fast-moving sessions using games, exercises for the imagination, voice-work, role play, rehearsal, debate, and performance, insights from psychology, physiology and business.
Managing meetings is mostly about managing people. This is true whether you are leading or facilitating a meeting. You need to control the agenda in such a way that everyone feels able to voice their opinion. You need to balance authority with empathy, give direction but be inclusive. To do all that, your voice and your views must be heard. This skill-set can be used when you contribute to meetings run by others. All this, and more, will be included in this one day course.
What You Learn
This course develops these skills further, showing how to use Expressive Communication to take charge of a meeting and Receptive skills to read the subtext of peoples’ words and behaviour. During the day you’ll learn how to:
- Prepare for a meeting.
- Construct and deliver an impactful opening statement to set out your agenda and ground rules.
- Lead a meeting.
- Fulfil the role of Facilitator.
- Make effective contributions to meetings run by others.
- Understand The Seven Kinds of Question and how to both use and answer them in meetings.
- Read, understand and use the Group Dynamics of a meeting.
- Manage difficult situations and people.
- Manage conflict in meetings.
- Initiate and promote genuine dialogue within a meeting.
- Use the kinds of argument and vocabulary that appeals to those who think in a different way to you.
You will be given a Notation Method that can help you to both remain in full command of your material, and manage your response to questions.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to use your new skills in your next meeting!
How You Learn
In all our courses, you Learn by Doing. Once you learn a technique you get a chance to put your new skills into practice by role-playing meetings. You will receive instant detailed feedback.
So you’ll need to prepare some material for the course and bring it with you.
What they said
“Hands-on experience gained and applicable to real situations.”
“I got insight into the problems others encounter during managing meetings.”
“Really opened my eyes to status and the role it plays in my engagements.”
“The whole training was structured in a way that each step was important in order to gain knowledge and confidence on skills.”
“Very hands-on. Lots of opportunity to practice and review. Very nice way to learn with lots of constructive feedback.”