- Communicate effectively with your listeners?
- Use your voice to communicate with clarity and eloquence?
- Overcome to problem of not seeing the others in the conversation?
- Enhance your telephone presentation skills.
- Manage a meeting over the phone?
This course can equip you with all the skills you need to achieve these goals.
The Craft Of Conference Calls
Craft of Communication courses help participants to enhance their ability to communicate with authority, authenticity and empathy in the whole range of situations they meet in their everyday working lives.
All our work is rooted in theatre. Our coaches are trained and experienced in Voice, Theatre, TV and performance skills. This enables us to create fast-moving sessions using games, exercises for the imagination, voice-work, role play, rehearsal, debate, and performance, insights from psychology, physiology and business.
What You Learn
The course begins with an explanation of the unique dynamics that are at play in a conference call.
Next, because using the phone to heightens the importance of a speaker’s voice, a good proportion of the workshop focusses on the use of Voice. You will learn how to use breathing to punctuate your speech and how to use the three component parts of the Voice, Pitch, Pace and Volume to communicate your message with clarity and brevity.
You will be given strategies that help you to get, and keep the attention of your audience, using, for example, the Rule of Three.
You will learn how to use Imaging to manage the main problem of conference calls – having no visual contact with other speakers.
Those who need to run or chair meetings of the phone can learn how to
- Prepare for a meeting.
- Construct and deliver an impactful opening statement to set out your agenda and ground rules.
- Lead a meeting over the phone.
- Fulfil the role of Facilitator.
- Understand The Seven Kinds of Question and how to both use and answer them in meetings.
- Initiate and promote genuine dialogue within a meeting.
- Use the kinds of argument and vocabulary that appeals to those who think in a different way to you.
How You Learn
In all our courses, you learn by doing. Throughout the day, you will have a chance to use phones to role play meetings many times, using them to practice new communication skills. This, and the feedback you receive, can help you to understand how to get, keep and influence your audience.
What they said
“Great energy from the trainers, and highly interactive way of learning.”
“The Rule of Three is a brilliant way to keep the attention of listeners.”
“I’m now a lot more aware of how to use my voice to make my message clear.”
“I hate conference calls but this course has made everything so much easier. Now I know it’s all manageable.”
“A very practical course with takeaway learnings I will certainly use in conference calls.”